Evaluate the pros and cons of 3 different Amazon ad types before settling down on what suits your needs the most. Keep reading to find out the answer!
If you run a business on Amazon, chances are you would have to rely on Amazon ads sooner or later. By paying a certain amount of money, the platform’s algorithms would allow you to have higher exposure to potential customers, increase visibility, and double down on your conversion rate.
But these goals are not attainable if you fail to identify which type of ads is tailored to your Amazon PPC campaign. For those still in the dark about this issue, let’s have a look at the article below.
Amazon Sponsored Product Ads
Sponsored Product Ads make a name for themselves as the most popular option on Amazon thanks to their affordability and ease of use. Here, you are required to bid a fixed amount of money for specific keywords related to your products.
If you manage to acquire a desirable spot, your ad – including the copy and visual reflecting the characteristics of what you have to offer – will appear on the search result page every time a potential customer types in the exact terms or phrases. To find more information about importance of branding, you should try ZonBase Tools for Amazon sales
- They can be used to boost sales: Suppose you are an Amazon user and you wish to buy a pair of earrings. You type “fashionable earrings for women” in the search bar, and the result page comes up with multiple choices, leaving you slightly confused.
But all of a sudden, you spot an ad standing out from the crowd, featuring an item that looks beautiful and high-quality, coupled with quite a competitive price tag. You decide to give it a go and purchase the earrings.
Does this sound familiar? The very same scenario can happen to your own store if you manage to arrange your ads reasonably. When confronted with tons of sellers, customers easily favor those that appear right at the top of their page. That is how Sponsored Product Ads help you pull in new buyers and convert them successfully.
- They are easy to regulate: Admittedly, preparing and monitoring an entire PPC campaign is daunting. But now, there are various tools and third-party websites that assist you from A to Z.
Even if you are a bit inexperienced in the field, you can still take advantage of the knowledge and ensure your Sponsored Product Ads are up to standards.
- They are highly competitive: Unfortunately, what makes this ad type attractive for Amazon retailers ends up making it the most sought after on the platform.
For each keyword, there are at least hundreds of brands bidding money and vying for complete control. If you do not have the resources or fail to bid properly, your ad might get pushed down to page 4, 5 or even further.
If this happens, your chances of getting more exposure to the target audience are compromised.
Amazon Sponsored Brand Ads
Amazon Sponsored Brands are formerly known as Headline Search Ads, which includes a banner at the top of each search result page.
Instead of focusing on one single product, Sponsored Brands allow marketers to advertise a few different ones simultaneously, with a sector dedicated to the brand name, logo, tagline or brief description.
- They are excellent for brand recognition: If you want to make an impression with potential users, what is better than letting them know about your company’s corporate identity program?
When they look for a keyword that ties in with your products, your ad will pop up and quickly outline what makes the brand different from other competitors.
- They are mostly suitable for brands with a coherent catalog: Between a Sponsored Brand ad of a business specializing in bedding products and and that of an assorted store selling all kinds of household appliances, which one would you prefer?
Stores that do not care about creating consistency in their products are less likely to use Brand Ads successfully.
Amazon Product Display Ads
Finally, Product Display Ads are ads targeted at a specific portion of customers and are highly versatile. You can stumble upon a display ad at the bottom of the search result page, at the top of a listing, or even inside Amazon newsletters.
- They stand a higher chance of converting customers: By infiltrating different locations, Product Display Ads increase a product’s visibility to customers. Therefore, they are more prone to placing an order,
- They can appear both on and off Amazon: Instead of being limited to the platform itself, this ad type can show up on other websites, effectively expanding the ad’s impact.
- They can upsell: If sneaked into a listing, a Product Display ad may act as bait to lure customers into making a bigger purchase than intended, especially when the sponsored product offers additional benefits.
- They are reserved for vendors only: For those not having registered as a vendor on the platform, Product Display Ads are off the hook.
Which Ad Type Is The Best?
As mentioned above, the three ad types all have their pros and cons. Therefore, there is no definitive answer as to which one emerges as the winner.
If you are pondering over these choices, you may want to have a look at the goal you intend to achieve during your campaign, the status of your store, as well as how big your budget is.
Once you become aware of your own needs and capacities concerning Amazon ad-running, picking out a certain category to start planning your ads will no longer be a nightmare.
Pinpointing the most suitable ad type is just the beginning should you want to create an effective, high-performance campaign. If the workload gets too overwhelming, why not visit website and seek out professional advice?
Here, you will find plenty of resources to help navigate your ads and make sure the investment is worthwhile. Check it out now and see for yourself!